Help us in supporting the Python Software Foundation with their annual end-of-year fundraising drive.
Every year the Python Software Foundation launches an end-of-year fundraising drive to help build a sustainable community of supporters.
Their goal is to raise $30,000!
You can help by signing up to give monthly or if you’re already a supporting member (Thank You!!), by checking the box to renew your membership automatically.
The drive begins October 22 and concludes November 21, 2018.
Your donations have IMPACT
Over $118,543 was awarded in financial aid to 143 PyCon attendees in 2018.
$240,000 has been paid in grants from January through September 2018 to recipients in 45 different countries.
Some examples of how your donation dollars are spent:
- $35,000 was provided to the Python Core Development Sprint in 2018
- $20,000 helps support 11 Python conferences, impacting over 3,000 people globally
- $20,000 helps support ~25 hands-on workshops impacting over 700 people
- $10,000 supports user group meetup fees for 150 groups for 6 months
- $5,000 provides hosting for 3-4 PSF community web services for a year(e.g. Mail.python.org, uspycon.org, wiki.python.org)
- $1,000 helps supports 2 regional conferences, impacting over 500 people
- $50 supports a Python meetup group for 3 months
This work can’t be done without the generous financial support that people like you provide.
It’s easy to donate –
- Click here to make a one-time or recurring donation.
- If you’re an existing PSF Supporting Member and would like to make your support recurring, log into your account and click “Auto-Renewal”.
- If you’re an existing Supporting Member and would like to support the PSF beyond your $99 annual fee, use this donation page to select an additional one-time or monthly donation.
- If you’d like to join the PSF, click here to become a Supporting Member and optionally make a one-time donation.
More details on contributing can be found on the 2018 PSF Recurring Giving Campaign page.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to our past fundraisers! Your support is what makes the PSF possible and is greatly appreciated by the Python community.
Please consider contributing to the Recurring Giving Campaign & help them reach their goal of $30K.
The PSF is a non-profit organization entirely supported by its sponsors, members & the public.